Keep Katy Beautiful Trash Off Coming April 15
Join us for KKB’s annual Trash-Off event! The Don’t Mess with Texas Trash-Off is spearheaded by TxDOT and Keep Texas Beautiful and serves as Texas’ signature event for the Great American Clean-Up which is organized by Keep America Beautiful. This one-day event allows community members to join thousands of other Texans in their hometowns to make a big difference just by picking up harmful litter and debris along roadsides, in local parks, and other places in the city.
Recycling Collection - We will be collecting the below items for recycling.
- Computer systems (CPU units)
- Laptops, monitors and televisions
- Computer printers, scanners, plotters & copiers
- Keyboards, mice, speaker, cords, cables
- External disk memory and hard drives
- Circuit board and electronic components/chips
- Network hubs, modems and routers
- Photocopiers and multi-use copiers (copy, fax, scan, print)
- Telephone, telecommunications/switching systems
- PDAs, PDA cradle and other hand-held devices
- Cellular phones and cell phone chargers
- Toner cartridges (ink jet and laser jet)
- CDs, DVDs, magnetic tapes
- Batteries (alkaline, lead acid, nickel cadmium, lithium ion, zinc carbon cells, nickel metal hydride, silver oxide, UPS)
- Paper - All paper! Can include staples or paperclips. Please remove anything that can NOT be bent with two fingers.
- Scrap Meal + Appliances
- Metal scraps
- Dish washers
- Ironing boards
- Irons Bicycles & scooters
- Rims Ladders
- Christmas lights
- Extension cords
- BBQ pits
- Light fixtures
- Eyeglasses - Katy Lions Club will accept gently used prescription eyeglasses and sunglasses for recycling and donating.
Items NOT Accepted - The following items will not be accepted for collection.
- Medical/Biohazard Waste
- Nuclear Waste
- PCB material
- Mercury-containing devices including fluorescent light bulbs and thermostats
- Radioactive Waste
- Hazardous Waste
- CRT Monitors
- Motor Oil
- Yard Debris
About Keep Katy Beautiful
The Keep Katy Beautiful Board, created in 1993 by Mayor Skip Conner has worked hard as a Keep Texas Beautiful and Keep America Beautiful affiliate to promote a clean, litter free community and educate citizens about recycling, landscaping, tree planting and maintenance, as well as waste reduction. Keep Katy Beautiful partners with many student and civic organizations to encourage the mission and goals of these grassroots efforts.
Implementing City budget funds, private donations, grants and the Governor’s Community Achievement Award funds, Keep Katy Beautiful has overseen many local beautification projects including the bronze geese entrance features, Harvest Plaza, the landscaping surrounding our Depot and Caboose, old-fashioned streetlights throughout the City and The Katy City Park Arboretum.
For more information about Keep Katy Beautiful, please visit cityofkaty.com/residents/keep-katy-beautiful.
Source: City of Katy
« BACK TO NEWS